For #30DoC - Day 19 I printed the Impossible Sphere for the weekly RepRap competition (see last post)-
Here is another one at 0.2mm layers - using the SCAD script richgain posted a few days ago -
I have not yet tried Greg's high resolution version, but it's on my list.
Day 20 was a Raspberry Super Pi Case - On thingiverse Here - It's a jazzed up version of the great case by HansH with added mounting ears and SD card support, light guides, etc.
Here it is in 'Special Edition' Gold and Glow in the Dark!
RepRap forums on RPi, Pronterface and RepRap If you want to join in the development ideas with Raspberry Pi and RepRap.
Day 21 was an attempt to make a direct-able fan mount for MendelMax (and any other printer) - I have been using fans on and off for about the past year when printing in PLA, I'm really keen to understand how fans help with the build process, so in an attempt to learn more I wanted a mount I could direct airflow across, along, and even cyclone around my printed objects.
I used the ball joints from the great Fully printable PCB Vice by Sneakypoo as a starting point.
I love the Screw and threaded ball joint, it works perfectly.
It also has one input power feed so you could still control it from the RAMPS Fan output but with the bonus of having individual power levels for all four fans.
The Universal 80mm Fan mount files are up on Thingiverse Here -
For Day 22 we needed some urgent printed gifts for my daughters birthday party gift bags - after a bit of discussion and searching Thingiverse we decided on a secret box to store precious things or fairy-dust in, magic!
stratasys demo pot but that didn't quite hit mark -
many twisted Boxed by Wizard23 and decided a Heart box would be great, check them out, they are all fantastic and they fitted together perfectly.
Faberdashery Buttercream and Cherry blossom pink - that reminds me, if you want a filament that sticks really well to your heated bed, I have yet to find a type or colour that sticks as well as Buttercream, from my experience with it, it's close to warp-proof.
I have also just got my new extruder prototype assembled, and it works! with a simple first test - I just need to change the design a little as it's almost impossible to assemble at the moment. - More on that next week.
Thanks for reading, more soon.